7 Best Camera for Fashion Photography
Are you into fashion photography? If so, you should know that there are several good cameras, and choosing the right one can be a real pain. What would it be if you could only use one camera to take photos for your blog or Instagram?
Fashion photography is about capturing beautiful photos that leave an impression on your clients or customers. The best camera for fashion photography is the one with appropriate features to enhance the charm of your products even in low light conditions.
This article will explain everything you need to consider when choosing a camera and list the best camera for fashion photography.
- 1 Best Camera for Fashion Photography
- 2 How to choose a camera for fashion photography?
- 3 Verdict
Best Camera for Fashion Photography
1. Canon EOS Rebel T8i
- 24 1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor with is 100–6400 (H: 12800)
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC technology
- 9-Point AF system and AI Servo AF
- Optical Viewfinder with approx 95percent viewing coverage
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your compatible Canon camera into a high-quality web
If you’re a canon user and beginning as a fashion photographer, this is the best camera for street fashion photography in Canon’s Rebel line. It has a new 24.1MP CMOS sensor, a 9-point AF system, and a wide ISO range of 100 to 25600. This camera is perfect for low-light shooting, and you can use it for both fashion and still photography.
It has a 45-point cross-type autofocus system that you can use as a live view which is great for tracking moving subjects. It also has a 3″ articulating touchscreen, which allows you to take pictures from awkward positions.
The face detection feature helps detect the faces of the subjects. When you take a picture, it will automatically see the faces you want and focus on them. This makes taking shots a lot easier and faster.
The live view (lens) can be tilted up to 90 degrees. It also features an eye-detection feature that makes it easier to move the camera from one angle to another without changing the angle of view.
It comes with a DIGIC 8 image processor that helps in the processing and faster image capture. It also features a continuous shooting speed of 7fps, which is pretty good for a 24MP camera. It can shoot 4K videos at 24 frames per second.
It comes with Wi-Fi, which can help transfer images to your smartphone or computer. You can also use it to control the camera using your smartphone. It also has Bluetooth, suitable for sharing pictures wirelessly to other devices.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Good image quality
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- 4K videos at 24 frames per second
- No exposure compensation button
2. Nikon D850
- Nikon designed back side illuminated (BSI) full frame image sensor with no optical low pass filter
- 45.7 megapixels of extraordinary resolution, outstanding dynamic range and virtually no risk of moiré
- Up to 9 fps1 continuous shooting at full resolution with full AF performance
- 8k6 and 4k time lapse movies with new levels of sharpness and detail; file system : DCF 2.0, exif 2.31, Pict bridge
- Tilting touchscreen, focus shift shooting mode, outstanding battery performance and much more; total pixels: 46.89 million
- 4K Ultra HD video recording, slow motion up to 120 FPS at 10
This Nikon camera is an excellent alternative if you’re into fashion photography. The D850 has a fantastic sensor to take great shots even in low light conditions.
You will never have to worry about your lights in low-light situations because the camera will do the job for you. It is one of the best camera for fashion photography available on the market.
The highlights of this camera are its CMOS sensor and 45.7-megapixel high resolution, which is a new benchmark for DSLR image quality and super high-resolution photography. It also features 16:9 4K Ultra HD recording in full-frame.
Back-side Illuminated (BSI) Full-Frame Sensor provides exceptional image quality, improved light gathering efficiency, faster data readout, and more accurate color. It features an incredible ISO range that is quite good for capturing beautiful photos without the need for extra lighting at all times.
The camera has 153 autofocus points, making its focus system faster than other models. EXPEED 5 processor is powerful and can help in low-light shooting. It also features a fast rate of 9 frames per second, which allows you to shoot faster with your camera.
The tilting touchscreen LCD allows you to take photos from various angles. This can help make your captures a little more exciting and stylish.
The camera can also be used for live view shooting, which means that you will not have to change the angle of your shot every time you want something new.
- 8K Time-Lapse Using Interval Timer
- Silent Live View Mode
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 45.7 megapixels of brilliant resolution
- Incredible ISO range
- No in-body image stabilization
- The app doesn’t work.
3. Canon EOS Rebel T100
- Bundle Includes : Canon EOS Rebel T100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm iii Lens + 64GB Memory card + High Speed card reader + 3Pcs Filter set (58mm) + Cleaning lens pen + Fiber Cloth + Manufacture Accessories (International Version) (No Warranty)
- Powerful 18 Megapixel sensor // Canon Camera Connect App: share instantly & shoot remotely via compatible smartphone //
- Scene Intelligent Auto: simply frame & shoot for great result // Guided live view with creative auto mode
- Creative Filter: add unique finished // Precise auto focus
- 3.0 frames per second // Easily frame your shots with the optical viewfin
This is a good camera if you are on a budget and need something efficient and fast. The T100 is one of the best camera for fashion photography in terms of its budget. It has an 18 MP CMOS sensor that will be great for editing or shooting your photos.
It comes with a precise autofocus system which can also be used as a live view. It allows you to zoom into your subjects using live view without changing the angle of your shot every time you want something different from the same subject.
This camera features Canon’s DIGIC 4+ image processor, which helps in the image processing and makes the camera faster than its predecessors. It has a small LCD screen with a resolution of 3-inches. It can be tilted at about 160 degrees in either direction. It allows for good shots and the ability to shoot from odd angles.
Scene Intelligent Auto mode allows you to change the setting of your camera even when you are shooting. This mode also changes the exposure settings to capture the best photos in any particular situation.
It also has excellent wireless connectivity, so you can quickly transfer your images to any device connected to the internet, including computers and phones. You can also use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi devices to control your camera using a smartphone or tablet.
- 18 Megapixel resolution
- Scene Intelligent Auto mode
- DIGIC 4+ image processor
- Wireless connectivity
- Live view shooting
- Could use more instructions
- UV lenses in the package may not fit
4. Canon EOS 4000D
- Canon EOS 4000D DSLR Camera Body 18.0MP APS-C CMOS Sensor, DIGIC 4+ Image Processor, 6.8 cm (2.7 inch ) TFT LCD, approx. 230 K dots, Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 29.97fps, 9 Point Auto Focus, Dual Up to 3 fps Shooting and ISO 12800, Built-In Wi-Fi, Scene Intelligent Auto
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 DC III Zoom Lens - EF-S-Mount Lens/APS-C Format, 28.8-88mm (35mm Equivalent) ,Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/38, One Aspherical Element, Super Spectra Coating, Micro Motor AF System, Rounded 6-Blade Diaphragm
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC permits pairing the DSLR with a smartphone or tablet for wirelessly sharing photos and movies for instant online posting. Wi-Fi connectivity also enables wireless remote control over the camera from linked mobile devices using the Camera Connect app.
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Camera, 18-55mm Lens, Strap, Battery Charger, Battery Pack, 3 Filters Kit, 1x 64 SD, Large Bag, Cleaning Kit, Cloth, Lens Cap Kee
The 4000D is a good choice if you are a beginner and looking for the best budget camera for fashion photography that will allow you to shoot in different environments.
It is lightweight, has full HD video recording, and comes with a viewfinder, all of which beginners look out for in DSLR cameras.
It is one of Canon’s most affordable DSLR cameras and performs exceedingly well at its price level. It has an 18-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor which is considered suitable for an entry-level camera. The sensor allows you to take high-resolution pictures even when there is little light.
The Canon EOS 4000D has a 9-point AF system and AI Servo AF features. The 9-point AF system ensures that you can shoot quickly, even in low light conditions. The AI Servo AF will ensure that your subject’s focus is always in direction regardless of the subject’s distance from the camera.
DIGIC 4+ Image Processor helps in processing the images and keeps them fast. The camera has a wide ISO range of 100–12800, allowing you to take shots without worrying about the lighting conditions.
Automatic modes with Scene Intelligent Auto help you get better photos by detecting good scenes and adjusting accordingly.
You can expect clear, sharp, and color-accurate image displays on the LCD screen of this camera. It is a good thing that it comes with an anti-reflective coating. You can take many photos using the 2.7″ 230k-Dot LCD Monitor because it is pretty broad and helpful for angled shots.
The built-in Wi-Fi function in the 4000D allows you to transfer images wirelessly to a smartphone or your other devices.
The camera also allows you to share photos wirelessly to computers as well. You can connect the camera with a smartphone or other devices via Wi-Fi.
- Creative Auto Modes & Manual Modes
- Built-In Wi-Fi
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- Deluxe Bundle with Camera
- The external flash doesn’t sync with the camera
- Great for beginners but not professionals
5. Canon Cameras EOS 2000D / Rebel T7
- Canon EOS 2000D DSLRCamera Body (International Version )- 24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor, DIGIC 4+ Image Processor, 3.0 920k-Dot LCD Monitor, Full HD 1080/30p Video Recording, 9-Point AF with Center Cross-Type Point, ISO 100-6400, Up to 3 fps Shooting, Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC, Scene Intelligent Auto Mode , Creative Filters and Creative Auto Modes
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 DC III Zoom Lens - EF-S-Mount Lens/APS-C Format, 28.8-88mm (35mm Equivalent) ,Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/38 ,One Aspherical Element ,Super Spectra Coating ,Micro Motor AF System , Rounded 6-Blade Diaphragm
- SanDisk 64GB Ultra UHS-I SDHC Memory Card (Class 10) - 64GB Storage Capacity , Class 10 / UHS-I , Max. Read Speed: 80 MB/s , Min. Write Speed: 10 MB/s , Water/Temperature/X-Ray/Shockproof ,Built-In Write Protect Switch + USB 2.0 Memory Card Rea
The 2000D is the perfect gear if you are looking for the best camera for fashion photography that will help you take brilliant photos without hassle.
This DSLR camera has a 24.1 Megapixels CMOS sensor coupled with DIGIC 4+ Image Processor, which allows you to shoot wherever possible.
It has several helpful modes for novices, but professionals might find it limiting. The LCD screen is a 3.0″ 920k-Dot LCD Monitor, making it easy to take photos from different angles.
This LCD screen can be tilted in any direction, and the image from the lens can be seen live on the screen. This makes it easier for you to change angles easily and naturally.
You can easily record high-quality full HD videos at 30 frames per second. This feature allows you to zoom in in Full HD mode. Microphone and headphone ports will enable you to record high-quality audio while taking videos.
Using a 9-point AF system makes it easy for you to lock focus on your subject. The AI Servo AF helps focus on the subject even if your subject is moving. This camera has an ISO range of 100–25600, making shooting possible in any environment.
The DIGIC 4+ image processor helps process the images and keeps them fast. It allows full HD video recording and high-speed continuous shooting up to 3 fps at a resolution of 18 megapixels.
The Scene Intelligent Auto helps detect the ambient light and adjust according to it so that you get better pictures than ever before. You can shoot from various angles without changing the shooting angle every time.
You can connect your camera wirelessly with your smartphone and other devices using Wi-Fi. The camera also allows you to transfer images wirelessly over your computer.
- 24.1 Megapixels CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 4+ image processor
- 3.0″ 920k-Dot LCD Monitor
- 9-point AF system
- Wireless and NFC connectivity
- Missing parts in the package
- The camera accessories are not from Canon
6. Nikon D3500
- A DSLR thats as easy to use as a point and shoot camera
- Compact, comfortable design thats great for travel and special events
- Image sensor thats 15x larger than those used in typical smartphones for sharper, clearer pictures
- Works with Nikon’s snap bridge app for sharing photos with a compatible smartphone or tablet
- 1080p full hd videos with monaural sound at the touch of a button. Bluetooth version
The D3500 is an affordable camera for fashion photographers that cannot afford a new high-end camera. The D3500 has an APS-C CMOS sensor 15x larger than regular sensors and can be used to take incredibly detailed pictures and pleasing to the eyes.
This Nikon camera has an incredible ISO range, which allows you to shoot in any lighting conditions. It also offers Auto Focus and AF-S Continuous mode, which improves the accuracy of the focus no matter how fast your subject is moving.
It has a Scene Intelligent Auto Mode that automatically detects various scenes and adjusts accordingly. This allows you to capture good shots with precision every time. The camera is small and lightweight so that it can be taken with you. The viewfinder makes it easier to compose the photos, especially when shooting in low-light conditions.
This best camera for fashion photography is designed to be easy on the eye, which means that the buttons are large, clear, and easy to read. It also has a grip which makes it comfortable when holding. The back of the camera also comes with a hot shoe for connecting an external flash or a strobe light.
- Small and lightweight camera
- Easy to handle and use
- Large, straightforward, and easy to read buttons
- Automatic Scene Intelligent Auto Mode
- the built-in flash is not great
- It lacks several essential features
7. Canon EOS 6D Mark II
- 26.2 Megapixel full frame CMOS sensor
- Optical viewfinder with a 45 point all cross type AF system. Compatible Lenses: Canon EF lenses (excluding EF S and EF M lenses)
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with phase detection and Full HD 60p
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor, GPS, Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth low energy
- Vary angle touch screen, 3.0 inch LCD
- Standard Power Supply: Battery Pack LP E6N, LP
This camera can be your perfect fashion photography companion with excellent features and high-quality photos and videos. The best part about this camera is its versatility. Whether you are a pro or a beginner, the 6D Mark II can be relied upon to give you fantastic quality photos.
This full-frame camera boasts a 26.2 megapixels CMOS sensor, allowing for taking explicit images, even in low-light conditions. The ISO range of 100–40000 allows for shooting in lighting conditions and produces sharp photos.
This camera also has an internal 4k/30fps video recording feature that allows you to take videos without remembering to turn on the external video recorder, making it one of the best camera for fashion photography.
DIGIC 7 Image Processor helps process images, allowing for high-speed image processing and excellent image quality. The processor works hand in hand with the camera’s 26.2 megapixels CMOS sensor to produce the most precise images even when shooting in low-light conditions.
The camera also has a 6fps continuous shooting feature coupled with long battery life, allowing you to take multiple shots rapidly without waiting for long periods between each image. This feature will enable you to shoot swift action sequences with ease.
This camera has a 3-inch 180° tiltable touchscreen that allows you to compose the photos from different angles. The screen is high resolution and allows for the display of detailed images from even the furthest perspectives.
Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth low energy allow for wireless connectivity with your smart devices, making it easier to transfer images wirelessly. The camera also allows for external remote shooting using your smart device. It also has a built-in microphone, which helps record smooth and clear audio.
- 26.2 megapixels CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- 3-inch 180° tiltable touchscreen
- Wi-Fi, GPS, NFC, and Bluetooth connectivity
- 45-point all cross-type AF system
- Disappointing video capabilities
- Af system does not work as advertised
How to choose a camera for fashion photography?
With the market currently flooded with hundreds of brands of cameras and accessories, it can be pretty tough to select the best one when shopping for a digital camera.
If you are looking for the best professional camera for fashion photography, there are some things you need to consider:
One of the most important things fashion photographers need to consider when choosing a camera for fashion photography is the image stabilization feature. Image stabilization is always handy, especially when you cannot use a tripod to prevent blurring in your photos. So, make sure that the camera you choose has this feature.
Using a digital zoom only decreases the image quality, so choosing a camera with an optical zoom is best. However, some cameras have both visual and digital zoom, so you can get one of these cameras if the budget allows.
Several Metering Zones and Focus Points
With many fashion products having different lighting conditions, it is best that your camera has several metering zones and focus points. The more focusing points/metering zones there are, the more options fashion photographers have for taking photos.
A Good ISO Range
A good ISO range will always be helpful in different situations, especially in fashion photography. So choose a camera that can take low-light photos even if it compromises other features such as megapixels and other advanced functions.
Flash sync is a feature that uses high-speed synchronizing to trigger ambient light and flash simultaneously. This feature is essential for anyone who is into fashion photography. So your camera should have this feature to give your photos a professional touch.
Good battery life
A good camera usually comes with good batteries; however, you can still use third-party batteries. Choosing a camera that gives a good number of shots per charge would be best for fashion photographers, so you do not have to worry about the battery life running out in a critical situation.
Fastest shutter speed
This is a deal-breaker as it helps to have a camera with a fast shutter speed. This way, you can take pictures of moving objects well.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Although it is not a must-have sometimes, it is always better to have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth options. These connectivity features are helpful when you want to set up the camera and upload photos without waiting.
If you are a pro or a beginner in fashion photography, we strongly suggest you choose one of these cameras. They offer high-quality photos and videos along with mind-blowing features.
When it comes to choosing the one, we recommend the Nikon D850 to you. With its top-notch image quality and several advanced features, this camera is the best camera for fashion photography, and you won’t go wrong with it.
However, suppose you are looking for an affordable camera for fashion photography that gives the same quality photos as some of the pricier cameras. In that case, we recommend the Canon EOS 6D Mark II to you. It offers excellent features at a reasonable price and is one of the most versatile DSLR cameras currently available.