6 Best Action Camera for Motovlogging
We all know how popular action cameras are nowadays. You can find them everywhere, and they come in a wide range of styles, colors, and price points.
They have also become a big part of the moto vlogging culture. People use them to create incredible videos of their adventures when they ride dirt bikes, skateboards, or snowboards.
To help you pick the best option for you, we decided to review the top action cameras for moto vlogging. We inspected each one and found the features that each camera offers. This article will guide you to the best budget action cameras for moto vlogging.
- 1 Best Action Camera for Motovlogging
- 2 Things to consider while buying a camera for motovlogging
- 3 Verdict
Best Action Camera for Motovlogging
1. Insta360 ONE X2
- The Pocket Camera Crew: With just one device, shoot first in every direction with super 5.7K 360 capture and then choose your favorite angle later. Or pick just one lens with Steady Cam mode for ultra-stable wide angle footage.
- FlowState Stabilization: Better-than-ever stabilization and horizon leveling algorithms keep your shots steady—no gimbal needed.
- Invisible Selfie Stick: Shoot with the Invisible Selfie Stick and then watch it disappear in your edit. Capture easy drone-like angles and third-person perspectives with the flick of a wrist.
- IPX8 Waterproof: Insta360 ONE X2 is waterproof to 10 meters (33ft). Take it out in a rainstorm or surfing without a case.
- In the Box: 1x Insta360 ONE X2, 1x Charge Cable, 1x Battery, 1x Protective Pouch and 1x User Gui
If you are looking for an action camera that you can hold easily, Insta360 ONE X2 would be the finest choice. It is an action camera that can take 360-degree pictures and record in 5.7k resolution.
This camera has a dual-lens design. The two 210-degree lenses allow the camera to capture unique videos or photos in every direction.
These videos or pictures can then be uploaded to social media sites, edited with video and photo editing softwares, and used for other entertainment purposes.
One of the best features of this camera is that it allows you to attach it to any surface of your bike. You can also mount it on your helmet, backpack, or anywhere else that you would like it to be mounted. This helps provide users with more options for using this camera when motovlogging.
The steady Cam mode of the camera allows you to take a picture in traditional wide-angle action cam shots with automatic horizon leveling. This feature is super helpful; choose a lens and start taking pictures.
The camera features image stabilization, enabling users to capture videos and still images even during fast-moving situations. This is a great feature because if you have been using another camera and have had issues, this might be the one that can solve your problem.
This camera is IPX8 waterproof. This means that it is protected from water up to 10m, and it will take a dunk in water as if nothing happened, no problem! This comes in handy when using this camera during motovlogging. You can swim with it, go kayaking, snorkeling, and do other water-related activities without any issues.
Related Article – Best Underwater Camera for Snorkeling
This camera features Wi-Fi connectivity, allowing you to download photos and videos of your adventures without wires or cables. This feature works great when you are using this camera in your bike or helmet so that it can stay connected while you are motovlogging all day long.
- 4-Mic 360° Audio
- Ultra-Bright Touchscreen
- 1630 Mah Battery
- Live Stream & Webcam
- Voice Control Feature
- Compatibility Issues With Android Phones
- Can Only Be Utilized Via A Phone App
2. GoPro HERO8 Black
- HyperSmooth 2.0: HERO8 Black has three levels of stabilization – On, High and Boost. Get the widest views, or boost to the smoothest video ever offered in a HERO camera. Works with all resolutions and frame rates, and features in-app horizon leveling
- Streamlined Design: The re-imagined shape is more pocketable, and folding fingers at the base let you swap mounts quickly. A new side door makes changing batteries even faster, and the lens is now 2x more impact-resistant compared to previous models
- Expandable Mods: Vloggers, pro filmmakers and aspiring creators can do more than ever imagined with our HERO8 Black mods (sold separately). Media Mod gives you shotgun-mic performance and lets you attach Light Mod and Display Mod to up your capture game
- Live Streaming in 1080p: Share while you’re there. Live stream in 1080p on social media, get HyperSmooth stabilization as you broadcast via the GoPro app and save footage to your SD card to check out later
- TimeWarp 2.0: Capture super-stabilized time lapse videos while moving through an activity. Automatically adjust speed based on motion, scene detection and lighting. Slow the effect to real time – savoring special moments – and then tap to speed it back up
- LiveBurst: Record the moments 1.5 seconds before and after your shot, so you can choose the best single frame for the perfect photo – or an amazing, shareable video
- SuperPhoto plus HDR: Capture killer 12-MP photos with improved HDR – while in motion or stationary – with reduced blur and serious detail, even in low-light areas
- Video Capture Resolution: 4K UHD 21
The GoPro HERO8 Black is quite popular when it comes to choosing the best action cameras for motovlogging.
It is designed to take photos and videos from all angles in stunning 4K resolution. It is a bit more expensive than some of the other options on our list, but it has some cool features that help it stand out.
This camera has a design that allows it to be mounted almost anywhere. The removable lens port feature gives users more options for how they would like to use this camera while motovlogging. The camera is also waterproof up to 33 feet. It can be used when snorkeling, kayaking, or when riding a bike and getting splashed with water by the road.
HyperSmooth 2.0 stabilization is a feature you will only find in GoPro cameras. This allows users to capture amazing videos even when using a drone. The three stabilization levels also allow you to capture super smooth and stable videos if your bike is moving fast or if the weather conditions make it hard for the camera to focus.
While this camera does not offer a screen to see what you are capturing, it does offer live streaming in 1080p. This allows people to check out their footage in real-time and ensure they get all the shots they want before using the footage for their moto vlog. This feature is essential for people who want to get their moto vlog done as fast as possible.
The streamlined design of the GoPro allows you to capture beautiful videos even during fast-moving activities like motovlogging. The design is also super easy for people to use, even if they have never used a GoPro in the past.
- SuperPhoto plus HDR
- TimeWarp 2.0 mode
- LiveBurst mode
- Time lapse videos at night in 4K, 2.7K 4:3, 1440p or 1080p
- Connecting to live streaming is troublesome
- Mic adapter with external mic doesn’t work all the time
- The camera freezes a lot
3. AKASO EK7000
- 4K Ultra HD action camera. Professional 4K 30Fps & 2.7K 30Fps video with 16MP photos at up to 30 frames per second for incredible photos, which is 4 times the resolution of traditional HD cameras.
- Wireless wrist remote control sports camera. With a wrist 2.4G remote, you can capture the world in an all-new way. Controlling the camera, framing shots or recording video is convenient.
- Longer battery life. AKASO EK7000 action camera comes with 2 rechargeable 1050mAh batteries. Each battery can record up to 90 minutes. No more worry about the recording time for this Action camera.
- Built-in Wi-Fi & HDMI, edit & share YOUR action in minutes. Just download App(AKASO GO) on your phone or tablet and connect with this action camera. Wi-Fi signal ranges up to 10 meters.
- 100 Feet waterproof camera. AKASO EK7000 is designed to withstand extreme environments, together with durable waterproof case. With the accessories, transform it for indoor and outdoor activiti
This action camera is a fine choice for people looking for a camera with a super wide-angle lens that allows you to capture beautiful videos and still photos.
The camera has a maximum resolution of 4k, which helps provide users with crystal clear videos without making the quality poor. It also allows you to take 16MP high-quality images at 30 fps.
AKASO EK7000 comes with two rechargeable batteries that allow you to continuously use the camera for more than two hours without running out of power.
This comes in handy when using this camera while motovlogging because it can capture a lot of footage without worrying about stopping and changing the batteries.
A wrist remote provides users with more control over the camera while motovlogging. One feature that you will only find in AKASO cameras is a live view when this feature is turned on. This feature lets users press a button on their wrist remote to see what is being recorded.
Built-in Wi-Fi & HDMI output allows users to connect their camera directly to a TV or a computer, enabling them to watch the footage they captured with this camera quickly. This is great for people who want to see their videos on a bigger screen.
Time-lapse, slow-motion, and loop recording are pre-installed on this camera, so you will not have any issues when you purchase it and want to use it immediately. This can be helpful for people who wish to record their moto vlog as quickly as possible.
This camera can withstand a dunk in water up to 30m without any problems. This is great for people who like to use their camera while motovlogging, kayaking, or swimming in the ocean.
- 170° Wide Angle Lens
- Multi-Function Action Camera
- Instantly Share With Built-In Wi-Fi
- A Wrist 2.4g Remote
- Display placement is somewhat wrong
4. DJI Osmo Action
- Dual Screens: Osmo Action’s dual screens allow you to capture it all with the touch of a button. A vivid front screen lets you frame yourself effortlessly in any setting, while the back screen delivers a crystal-clear, hyper-responsive display. This durable, versatile action camera is jam-packed with advanced technology that lets you spend less time worrying about equipment and more time living the action.
- The RockSteady technology combines EIS with complex algorithms, delivering stable, shake-free footage no matter how heavy the action gets.
- Action camera with 1/2.3 CMOS Sensor, 12MP, wide-angle 145° that allows you to shoot 4K HDR videos.
- 8x Slow Motion: Capture every epic move with jaw-dropping clarity and detail when you use 8x slow motion with 1080p resolution and 240fps. Time-lapse: Condense time and movement for stunning, easy-to-achieve results. Charging Time: 90 mins
- 11m Waterproof, -10℃ Temperature Resistant Sporting a watertight seal and a hydrophobic coating on the back touchscreen, Osmo Action is waterproof at depths of up to 11 meters, making it the perfect underwater companion. Versatile batteries perform well even in extremely cold environments with temperatures as low as -10℃.
- What you get: DJI Osmo Action, Camera Frame, Flat Adhesive Mount, Curved Adhesive Mount, Quick-Release Base, Battery, Battery Case, Locking Screw, USB-C Ca
This camera for moto vlogging is one of the most affordable on our list, and it does offer some fantastic features that make it worth buying. One feature that sets this camera apart from the others is its dual-screen.
It allows you to capture it all with the touch of a button. A vivid front screen lets you frame yourself effortlessly in any setting. In contrast, the back screen delivers a crystal-clear, hyper-responsive display.
DJI Osmo Action’sAction’s electronic stabilization works with the RockSteady technology to sense shakes and movement from the camera and apply counter-moves. So you can forget about blur. You can create a cinematic masterpiece in one shot or choose multiple scenes for seamless playback with three aspherical layers.
Watertight to a depth of 11 meters, Osmo Action is the perfect underwater companion. These batteries can function in freezing temperatures as low as -10°C.
Using 8x slow motion with 1080p resolution and 240fps, you can capture every epic move in a clear, detailed view. The video format at 40K/60fps at 100Mbps ensures that the moment’s intensity is always maintained without sacrificing sharp details.
Custom mode simplifies usage and increases efficiency by allowing users to store, list, and choose frequently used shooting modes and exposure settings. All these features make it one of the best action camera for motovlogging.
- Five voice commands
- Comes with a Quick Switch button
- 12MP image resolution
- 145-degree wide-angle
- Durable and versatile action camera
- Lengthy activation process
- The DJI app is bugged and complex
5. Sony ZV-1
- 20.1MP stacked back illuminated 1” Exmor RS CMOS sensor w/ DRAM. Large aperture 24-70mm1 F1.8-2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus and Real Time Eye Autofocus and Real-time Autofocus tracking.
- Side flip-out 3.0” LCD screen that also tilts up and down for easier to compose selfie shots
- Quickly switch between two modes of defocused background bokeh
- Product Showcase Setting transitions focus from face to object
- The automatic exposure (AE) tracks faces and makes sure they always appear well-lit.
- Get great sound in one take with forward-directional on-board mic and detach-able wind screen. Standard 3.5mm mic. Jack Mic jack and MI shoe allow for more audio possibilities.
- Image stabilization suppresses shake even while walking
- Optimized color with enhanced skin-tone reproduction. Focal length- f=9.4-25.7mm
- Pro video functions incl. HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) and S-Log
This camera is designed with a side flip-out screen to see exactly what you are capturing. It also makes it easy for users to capture high-quality videos and images because they will be able to take control of the camera while they are motovlogging.
20.1MP CMOS sensor can capture the incredible action in videos when motovlogging. The camera allows you to take high-definition video even during low-light situations.
EIS SteadyShot image stabilization technology helps you capture clear and smooth images, even if your hands are shaking a lot or if the footage is being captured while the bike is moving fast.
ZV-1 can easily connect and share via Wi-Fi, allowing users to operate the camera remotely with their smartphone or tablet. This is great for people who want to capture more footage on their moto vlog and quickly share them on various online platforms.
It also allows users to stream video and audio directly to social networks, which is perfect for people who want to share their moto vlog as soon as they capture it. This can be helpful for those who want to get their moto vlog out there quickly.
A sharp and precise autofocus system can make your videos look spectacular coupled with auto-eye focusing. Also, the automatic exposure (AE) keeps track of faces and makes sure they are always well-lit.
- Product Showcase Setting
- Built-in microphone
- Ideal for content creators
- Live streaming available
- Not suitable for still images
6. Canon EOS M200
- Fast and accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with eye detection AF
- High-image quality with 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor.
- 4K video and 4K time-lapse movie along with vertical video
- 3.0-Inch touch panel LCD screen with tilt Option for 180° for selfies.
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi technology with auto image transf
If you’re looking for one of the best action camera for motovlogging, Canon EOS M200 can be a great alternative. It offers nothing less than the other cameras that we have listed above. 24.1MP CMOS sensor captures the unique colors you can think of, giving videos a cinematic look and feel.
Users can connect their camera to the Canon Image Gateway using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology to directly share their videos and images on social media as soon as they capture them.
3.0-Inch touch panel LCD screen will allow users to preview the footage. The pinch and zoom function is available for easier viewing of the footage. The Canon EOS M200 is a great action camera for motovlogging. It will help you capture all the action you want from as many angles as possible.
The camera has a fast and accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with eye-detection AF and continuous autofocus in Live View mode. It also has Intelligent IS technology that automatically determines how the scene is moving.
The camera provides users with a 4K video recording option which is fantastic because it will allow you to capture the most incredible footage in all kinds of weather and lighting conditions. The 1080p/30fps video option is handy, especially when capturing footage while motovlogging.
- Auto image transfer
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi technology
- 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
- 3.0-Inch touch panel LCD screen with tilt Option
- Within minutes of being turned on, the camera overheats and shuts down
Things to consider while buying a camera for motovlogging
The following list of features is to consider while buying an action camera for moto vlogging.
When it comes to video quality, three main factors affect the footage. They are resolution, aperture, and field of view (FOV).
While most cameras offer HD resolution (720p), some will offer 4K, giving you a better detailed picture to easily see the difference between 720p and 4K cameras. Regarding aperture, look for a camera that offers at least F2.
The best action camera for motovlogging will have a lot of advanced features. One of the best features that we have a standard on all the cameras is IP67 waterproofing.
This means you can use your action camera in any weather and won’t be destroyed by water. It also makes it ideal for surfing, skiing, and snowboarding.
You can keep your camera close to you as you go through the most strenuous activities.
Another thing that needs to be considered when buying a camera for moto vlogging is its battery life. The battery life of action cameras varies from camera to camera.
It also depends on how many pictures or videos you take in a single day. Suppose you are going to be taking lots of images or videos. In that case, we recommend you buy a higher-capacity battery.
The most crucial factor when looking for budget action cameras is the sturdiness of the body. When moto vlogging, you are likely to drop your camera often.
Therefore, you need something rugged that can handle some bumps and scrapes now and then.
You also need to make sure that your camera is waterproof. You will have to carry it when riding in water, so it needs to be able to withstand water exposure.
A must-have feature for moto vlogging is a microphone. It allows you to do some cool things like talking to your friends. You can also use it to narrate the videos afterward or even when you are recording a selfie video.
When looking for an action camera with a built-in microphone, make sure that it has an external audio jack, or you will have to buy an additional one.
Size and weight
The next thing that needs to be considered is the size and build of the camera. The smaller your action cam’s size, the easier it will handle. But try not to go overboard with size because you might have too much gear mounted on your motorcycle or vehicle.
To wrap things up, the best action camera for motovlogging will be the AKASO EK7000. It has several advanced features that we have come to love about action cameras, including 4K video recording and 4K live streaming capability. The wireless wrist remote control is also well-made, allowing users to focus on what they want to capture.
It also offers a brilliant 1080p resolution, Wi-Fi connectivity, loop recording, and a burst mode that makes it perfect for capturing all kinds of footage. This camera can be an excellent addition to any content creator or vlogger’s arsenal.