10 Best Poe Camera For Home Security
A PoE camera is a network camera that uses Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology to connect to the network. PoE cameras are powered by the cable and connected to the network via an Ethernet cable.
PoE cameras can be connected directly to a power source, such as an electrical outlet, or they may be equipped with a built-in battery that powers the unit when it’s not plugged into electricity.
PoE security cameras are an excellent solution for home and business owners. They can be used to monitor your property, keep an eye on the kids or simply alert you when there’s trouble in the neighborhood.
But how do you decide which is the best PoE camera for your needs? We’ll walk through some key features of different types of PoE cameras so that you can decide which one might work best for your needs.
If you’re looking for the best PoE camera, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve reviewed several models and selected our favorite products based on their features and performance.
- 1 10 Best Poe Camera
- 1.1 1. REOLINK Home Security Camera
- 1.2 2. Amcrest 5MP Turret POE Camera
- 1.3 3. REOLINK 5MP PoE Security Camera
- 1.4 4. REOLINK 4K Security Camera
- 1.5 5. VEEZOOM PoE Camera Outdoor
- 1.6 6. REOLINK Duo PoE
- 1.7 7. ANNKE C500 5MP PoE Turret Security Camera
- 1.8 8. PTZ POE Camera Outdoor
- 1.9 9. EmpireTech PoE Camera
- 1.10 10. ANNKE C800 4K Ultra HD PoE IP Security Camera
- 2 Things to consider
- 3 FAQs
10 Best Poe Camera
1. REOLINK Home Security Camera
- Smart Human/Vehicle Detection
- Exceptional 5MP Super HD and Sound Recording
- Time-Lapse to See the Day in a Minute
- Easy PoE Installation
- Flexible Recording Optio
The Reolink PeO security camera is a 5MP IP camera with a built-in microphone. It’s great for monitoring your home from afar, but it also has some excellent features that make it useful in other ways. It is easy to use and provides extra protection for your loved ones.
The camera can be used as an IP camera or doorbell by setting up the Reolink App on your smartphone and pressing “Doorbell” or “Motion” when you want to see what’s happening at your front door. You can also set up motion alerts so that when there’s movement inside or outside the house, you’ll get notified immediately via email or text message (or both).
When shooting as a motion-triggered surveillance camera, the RLC-410 knows when to record or not by detecting movement and sends you real-time alerts when anyone or anything suspicious is loitering around your property, which you can view on the live feed or review with Reolink software.
The Reolink RLC-410 uses innovative technology to provide high-definition video (2560×1920) at 30 frames per second at a 5-megapixel resolution to get crisp, clear recordings. The camera’s microphone also picks up sound up to 100 feet away so you can listen in on what’s happening while someone is standing in front of the camera.
- an ultra-crisp and detailed on-screen experience
- captures stable and sharp night vision
- Flexible Recording Options
- Instant Motion Alerts
- good image and sound quality
- Not suitable for larger body frame spaces
2. Amcrest 5MP Turret POE Camera
- CMOS ILLUMINATION & MIC
- SMARTER SECURITY & STORAGE OPTIONS
- DAY OR NIGHT, RAIN OR SHINE
- SECURE REMOTE STORAGE
- SIMPLE, RELIABLE, SECU
The Amcrest 5MP POE Camera is an excellent choice for home security or surveillance systems. It’s a 5MP UltraHD resolution camera that offers an impressive low-light performance with infrared night vision, allowing you to see clearly in dark places.
This camera also features 2-way audio so you can communicate with whoever might be watching your home from afar. The IP67 weatherproof rating means this unit can withstand harsh weather conditions like rain or snowfall without getting damaged.
However, if it gets wet inside, don’t worry about losing footage because an internal microSD card slot allows users to quickly transfer their videos over to other devices such as smartphones (iOS/Android).
In addition to all these fantastic features, two wide-angle modes are available on this model, ranging between wide-angle and super wide-angle. This means anyone looking into their property could get more than enough detail when looking at different angles around them!
It’s easy to install with just one single wire that can be powered into any outlet. The camera’s functional details are better than most models in this price range. The images it captures are also of pretty decent quality.
- Easy to use and install
- Magnificent 5MP UltraHD footage
- Starlight 1/2.7″ CMOS image sensor is excellent
- UltraHD camera soaks in the entire scene
- Fast and accurate Motion Detection Alerts
- No status lights on the camera; challenging to tell if it’s on or not
- The mobile app is not pleasant to use
3. REOLINK 5MP PoE Security Camera
- SMART PERSON/VEHICLE DETECTION
- EXCEPTIONAL 5MP SUPER HD:
- TIMELAPSE TO SEE THE DAY IN A MINTUNE
- FREE APP AND REMOTE ACCESS
- MUITIPLE RECORDING OPTIO
The Reolink Home Video Monitoring Security Camera Two Pack is an excellent option for anyone looking for a camera that can monitor their home or office and send alerts when something interesting happens.
This model boasts 5MP videos at 30fps, which means it’s sharper than most other models in its price range. It also has a built-in microphone so you can hear people around your property over the phone or tablet (or both!).
The motion detection feature is one of our favorite features of this model. Whenever something moves within line of sight of any part of your house’s exterior or interior walls, this camera will send an alert straight to your phone, so you don’t have any more surprises.
And if that’s not enough security for you, the night vision feature allows you to see exactly what’s happening even at night; great if someone tries to break into your house while everyone else sleeps peacefully at home!
- Sends a push notification and an email alert with a picture/video attachment
- Can optionally record 24/7 or motion-triggered videos
- Smart playback is excellent
- Easy to operate the camera
- Remote access anytime, anywhere
- Clear and sharp footage
- Android App seems to have a lot of problems
4. REOLINK 4K Security Camera
- 4K UlTRA HD VISUAL FEAST
- HUMAN VEHICLE DETECTION WITH SMART ALERTS
- REMOTE ACCESS & SMART PLAYBACK
- FASTER AND SIMPLIFIED POE INSTALLATION
- 2-YEAR WARRANTY & LIFETIME TECH SUPPO
The Reolink 4K POE Security Camera is an excellent choice for those who want the best video quality possible, combined with all the functionality you expect in a security camera. This camera has a wide-angle lens and night vision capabilities, allowing you to see things clearly even if it’s dark outside.
It also has to be weatherproof to be used outdoors and indoors, making it perfect for indoor and outdoor use. The main feature of this model is its 4k videos at 30fps, which gives you an incredible view of whatever area you’re looking at—from afar or up close!
This allows you to see things far away without needing additional equipment such as binoculars or telescopes; instead. all that’s required is just one glance at this great device! This camera recognizes people and cars and can automatically send notifications if either comes into your sight range.
Remote access and bright playback allow you to view and transfer entire videos from your mobile device with just one button. It also allows you to use the phone as a remote control for live viewing, zoom, and playback.
- 4k Resolution footage is stunning
- Sends notifications to your phone if anything suspicious occurs
- Intuitive user interface
- Very easy to set up and install
- Smooth playback of live video footage on your phone
- Excellent night vision capabilities even in dark places.
- The small size makes it most applicable for indoor use or outdoor use.
- Not possible to connect with a general NVR
5. VEEZOOM PoE Camera Outdoor
- Equipped with 5 Megapixels (2560*1920 pixels) video resolution
- 【IP66 PoE Camera Outdoor】 Weatherproof IP66 camera
- 【AI Human & Motion Detection】 VEEZOOM IP bullet camera
- 【Built-in SD Card Slot and Mic】 With built-in SD card slot
- 【Remote Access & Device Shari
The VEEZEOM PoE Camera Outdoor is the right choice if you want a stable night vision camera that can be installed anywhere outdoors. It also has a built-in microphone to hear people around your property over the phone or tablet (or both).
This unit features crystal-clear images with night vision up to 100ft distance. The wide view angle and infrared illumination make it possible to see clearly even if it’s dark outside or if you’re peering into your yard from over 100 feet away!
A built-in SD card slot allows you to store 256GB of the footage easily and transfer it to a mobile device or computer. Remote access allows you to control the camera anywhere (via an app). It records videos when something suspicious is within 100 feet of the camera’s field of vision.
The camera is powered by a high-quality CMOS sensor, offering excellent performance and clear footage. The camera’s wide-angle lens eliminates glare from light (e.g., street lights) that could obstruct a clear view of your surroundings, removing blind spots and uncertainty about what may be happening on your property.
- Easy voice recording and playback
- Easy to install, easy to operate, and easy to use.
- The wide-angle motion detection ranges are fantastic.
- Supports adjustable detection areas and adjustable detection sensitivity
- Poor software and app
6. REOLINK Duo PoE
- ULTRA-WIDE COVERAGE IN 4MP HD
- SMART PERSON/VEHICLE DETECTION:
- ALL-ROUND INTRUDER DETERRENCE
- INSTANT ALERTS & REMOTE ACCESS:
- COLOR NIGHT VISION & IP66 WATERPR
The REOLINK Duo PoE Outdoor Security Camera has many wonderful features, including the ability to record video with its dual lens; it even comes with a smart check for motion detection. It can take IR photos and has a microphone so you can hear what’s happening inside your property through your phone if you’re in the backyard.
The two-way talk is a great feature; you can talk and listen to anyone near your camera (this makes it one of the best PoE cameras). This camera allows you to monitor indoors and outdoors, so you can listen in instantly if someone approaches your door.
What we like most about this model is that it can capture clear images of moving objects in 4MP HD resolution. Instant alerts and remote access allow you to watch live video footage in real-time.
Whenever you’re away from home, you can also hear what’s happening with the built-in microphone—the best part? These great features are available from your smartphone; no additional equipment or devices are necessary!
- The dual lens is great for viewing broad areas.
- Excellent night vision capabilities even in dark places.
- Weatherproof & Waterproof so that it can be used outdoors and indoors.
- The two-way talk feature is outstanding.
- Easy installation and operation
- It takes up two channels of the NVR
- The app is a bit delayed
7. ANNKE C500 5MP PoE Turret Security Camera
- 【True 5MP Super HD Image Day & Night】
- 【Leading H.265+ Stream 】
- 【Supports 256 GB TF Card & Audio Recording】
- 【Remote Access in your Hands】
- 【Simple PoE Setup & IP67 Weatherproo
The Annke C500 5MP PoE Turret Security Camera is an excellent choice if you want an easy-to-use security camera that’s easy to install and set up, has a wide-angle lens and night vision capabilities and has preinstalled smart check for motion detection.
This model is designed with an adjustable detection limit so that the camera can detect motion in areas usually outside its range. The audio feature allows you to listen in on everything being said within a 100ft (30m) range of the camera.
It also features H.265+ video recording format, which gives you extra room to play back and edit videos. A built-in high-quality CMOS sensor offers up to 5MP super fantastic image day and night. The 120 dB WDR & 3D DNR provides crisp images without noise in all light conditions.
It supports real-time monitoring, remote viewing, and recording over a local network through a computer or smartphone. When somebody rings at the front door, you can hear them directly from your PC or smartphone without going to the front door.
- Color night vision is amazing
- Blocks external noise for immersive listening
- Amazing picture quality
- Easy to use and setup
- Good value for money
- It does a lot of flickering during the night
- The firmware is not exactly as advertised
8. PTZ POE Camera Outdoor
- 【5MP HD Image & Up to 200FT Night Vision Distance】
- 【Smart Humanoid Detection & Alarm Notification】
- 【2-Way Audio & Full Metal Casing & IP66 Waterproof】
- 【Support Phone & PC Connect】
- 【SD Card Recording & Support H.265/H.2
If you’re looking for a POE camera that allows mobile monitoring from anywhere, the PTZ POE Camera Outdoor is a great option. It features an IP66 weatherproof design and supports wireless remote control for pan, tilt, and zoom (PTZ).
This POE camera can be used as a standalone unit. It has a built-in microphone and speaker so you can listen in on what’s happening inside your property through your phone while in the backyard.
This camera provides a 5MP HD image, and you can get clear and vivid image quality day or night. It also offers excellent night vision with built-in IR LEDs, giving you clear footage at a distance of up to 200FT, even when it’s dark outside or if there are obstacles between the camera and the object being recorded.
You can use the intelligent detection feature on this POE camera to detect the movement of an object. You will receive an instant alert if there is any movement in the monitored area by receiving push messages on your phone or your computer with the free APP.
- Better Night Vision Performance
- Flexible Viewing Angle
- 5MP Excellent Image and Footage
- Easy to install and operate
- Doesn’t detect human activity very well
9. EmpireTech PoE Camera
- Connectivity Technology: Wired.
- Smart AI: Tripwire, intrusion, fast moving
- Low illuminance, high image definition:4MP, 1/1.8 CMOS image sensor,Min. Illumination 0.003Lux at F1.8
- Built-in IR LED :40m(131.2 ft)(IR LED) illumination distance
- Outputs max. 4MP (2688 × 1520) @30 fps, 2MP(1920 × 1080) @60 fp
The EmpireTech PoE Camera helps you capture the details of your home by allowing you to see what’s going on at any time. It records amazing videos and high-quality images and has multiple features that help you monitor home security easily.
The live feed lets you listen in on what’s happening with the built-in microphone. It’s equipped with a 1/1.8″ CMOS image sensor that helps you capture wide-screen perspectives of your surroundings successfully.
A built-in motion sensor with an advanced algorithm helps capture videos and images of people and vehicles clearly so you can be informed about every movement. The camera is fitted with a 2.7mm-12mm lens, allowing it to sweep out a wider area.
It utilizes IR LEDs for night vision, even in dark places far away from the camera. You can adjust the distance between the sensor and the recorded object so it can focus on a more specific area.
- Very clear video quality during day and night
- It provides night vision up to 131ft, giving a crisp image in all lighting conditions.
- The elegant design makes it blend well with the surroundings.
- Operation is straightforward, and installation takes less than 30 mins.
- Setting it up for use with a computer is a bit of a pain
- Issues with camera aiming
10. ANNKE C800 4K Ultra HD PoE IP Security Camera
- 【Humans & vehicles Detection】
- 【Unrivaled 4K in All Environments】
- 【 Remote Access in Your Hand 】
- 【 Easy PoE installation】
- 【Safe & Reliable Stora
The Annke C800 4K Ultra HD PoE IP Security Camera is one of the best POE cameras you can find on the market. It has a high-quality image sensor, which delivers clear 4K footage and images. It features an IP67 weatherproof design and is powered by unique Smart IR to provide superb night vision capabilities, even in complete darkness.
The intelligent motion detection feature allows it to capture footage and photos of people and vehicles that enter the monitored area. Smart C800 cameras sense human and vehicle movements using advanced algorithms. The system pushes only snapshots about human and vehicle recognition in real-time.
As a result, it can reduce up to 99% of false alarms caused by falling leaves, waving trees, raindrops, and changing lighting. A built-in mic and speaker allow you to listen in on everything happening with your property while you’re away from home or sleeping.
Remotely access & control your camera system from your smartphone, tablet, or computer using the free ANNKE software and App. Making it an excellent solution for home or property owners looking for an additional layer of protection.
- H.265+ offers a remarkable picture quality with smaller file sizes
- The external noise cancellation feature is amazing
- 24/7 Monitoring at Every Angle
- Works well in extremely hot & cold weather
- Access & control the camera system remotely
- Poor customer support
Things to consider
PoE security cameras are the best security solutions for home and business owners. They have a built-in power supply, which means you don’t need to worry about running out of batteries, nor do you need to purchase extra ones.
The camera is easy to install and configure, making it perfect for anyone who wants their home or business monitored 24/7. However, there are a few things to consider before buying one.
Will the camera deliver crisp, sharp video images? You don’t need to worry about clarity much for a high-resolution camera. A 1080P camera will be better than a 720P one. However, if you’re looking for a budget-friendly option, then a 720P is best.
Think about where you’ll place the camera and how far it is from the outlet. You need to make sure that there’s enough cable for it to reach the router so that you can check in on your property when you’re not home. The Wi-Fi signal strength can also be necessary for determining where to put your camera, but a wireless IP camera is best if you want a wireless one.
How much storage space will the camera take up? If you’re storing video footage on a cloud server, storage won’t be much of an issue. However, if you want to keep it on your hard drive or another device, you must consider how much storage space the camera will require.
4. Instant alerts and live feed:
If you want instant alerts whenever there’s movement or sound, then you need a camera with built-in PIR sensors that are sensitive to motion. As far as live feed is concerned, check whether it’s available with the camera you’re considering.
5. Night vision:
Some PoE security cameras have infrared LED lights that let you see in the dark. If you’re interested in 24-hour home surveillance, you need a built-in night vision camera.
Are PoE cameras better?
Yes. PoE cameras are an excellent option for businesses and homeowners alike. They offer the best of both worlds: high-quality video and audio recordings, with no need for power cables or batteries!
This makes them incredibly easy to install and configure—and more importantly: they’re less likely to be tampered with by thieves or other criminals who might want to steal your equipment!
What do I need to run a PoE camera?
The answer to this question depends on the make and model of your PoE camera. Most cameras come with a power supply unit (PSU) that can be connected directly to a power outlet or plugged into a nearby wall socket. Once it’s powered up, you can connect your wireless network and start recording!
Can PoE cameras work without the internet?
Yes. You can use a POE camera to record video or take still photographs without an internet connection. However, you will not be able to view the footage remotely, so if you want to access it on another device—like your smartphone or computer—you’ll need a data plan.
Are PoE cameras better than WiFi?
Yes. WiFi cameras are great for remote surveillance but can be slow and unreliable, especially if many devices are connected to the network.
PoE cameras offer faster streaming speeds because they use an Ethernet cable to connect directly to your router or modem instead of relying on WiFi signals.
PoE cameras are better than WiFi because they’re more reliable and less susceptible to interference from other devices in your home or office.
They also have a more fantastic range of coverage—up to several hundred feet—so you can place them in areas where WiFi signals would be too weak for use.
Why do PoE cameras have a power cord?
The power cord allows PoE cameras to transmit data over Ethernet cables instead of Wi-Fi. The cable carries power from a wall outlet or power strip to the camera, allowing it to operate without batteries or an external power source.